KEY DATES IN COMPUTACENTER HISTORY
- Computacenter UK recognised as a Top 100 Graduate Employer for a second year running at JobCrowd awards and is ranked No.1 Employer for smaller intakes in the IT, Support and Telecoms category.
- Acquisition of service management company TeamUltra – a ServiceNow Gold Services Partner – leading to Computacenter becoming one of the leaders in the ServiceNow Services partner ecosystem.
- Computacenter opens Americas Regional HQ in Saddlebrook, New Jersey.
- Growth in capability in North America with 630 employees across the region in the USA and Mexico.
- Turnaround performance in Computacenter France with adjusted profit for the first time since 2012.
- Computacenter takes home awards for Best European IT Infrastucture Provider of 2016 and Mobile App of the Year at Corporate Vision’s 2016 Technology Innovator Awards.
- Wins Aecus Innovation Award for unique Next Generation Service Desk solution and innovation deployment processes that enabled Hays Recruitment to digital transform their service desk.
- Whitelane IT Outsourcing Study reveals Computacenter has climbed to second place in overall customer satisfaction.
- Computacenter appointed as supplier for Airbus Group’s service desk – supporting 140,000 users across 4 countries 24x7.
- The latest International Service Centre in Budapest, Hungary opens to satisfy increased demand for multilingual customer support. Air Liquide, world leader in gases, technologies and services for industry and health, announced as the first customer to be supported from the new offices.
- Global managed desktop service for AstraZeneca begins, providing multi-lingual end-user support and deskside service around the world.
- Computacenter receives the highest satisfaction rating in a KPMG survey of UK IT service providers and their customers, coming top for customer satisfaction, referenceability and innovation.
- Acquisition of Top Info in February.
- Two acquisitions made during the year; Thesaurus Computer Services in UK and becom in Germany.
- Our service facilities are extended with new service desk capabilities in Barcelona and, through the acquisition of Digica, in Cape Town, South Africa.
- January, Computacenter plc acquires GE CompuNet in Germany and GE Capital IT Solutions Austria.
- February 2002, Computacenter launches the new Solution Centre - this is the first facility in the UK to offer multi-vendor proof of concept and testing services in an independent environment across the full range of IT infrastructure.
- Acquisition of GECITS UK & French business while GECITS acquired Computacenter Germany
- Computacenter Belgium is established.
- On 21 May 1998 Computacenter successfully floats on the London Stock Exchange.
- Computacenter France becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of Computacenter.
- Computacenter becomes the largest UK owned IT company and Mike Norris is appointed as Chief Executive Officer.
- The Independent lists Computacenter as one of the fastest growing independent companies in the UK.
- Computacenter is formed by two British entrepreneurs, Philip Hulme and Peter Ogden, who embark upon what is now seen as one of the more remarkable success stories in British IT history.